41st Intl. Nathiagali Summer College (18th - 30th July, 2016)
International Nathiagali Summer College (INSC) on Physics and Contemporary Needs have been organized every year since 1976. The idea of holding these Colleges came from the distinguished Nobel Laureate, Professor Abdus Salam who emphasized the vital need of communication, as well as for transferring and sharing scientific knowledge among the scientific community. The primary aim of the College is to break the isolation of the scientists of the developing countries by enabling them to interact with an international faculty. INSC help scientists to share knowledge and to learn from each other's experiences, an opportunity, unique in the third world has thus been provided by this college to younger group of active scientists for establishing and renewing contacts with world renowned scientists. Over the years about 820 eminent scientists and speakers including 06 Nobel Laureates drawn from leading universities, research centers and industries of advanced countries have lectured as faculty at INSC and shared their knowledge with more than 1100 foreign scientists from over 72 developing countries and 8000 scientists from Pakistani R&D institutes and universities. The scientific activities of INSC aim at the broad coverage of topics at the frontiers of knowledge in Physics and allied sciences. Every year one or two subjects of current interest and their applications with special reference to needs of the developing countries are highlighted. This year the 41st college is covering following topics:
- Activity - I: Physics Beyoned Standard Model (18th - 23rd July, 2016)
- Activity - II: Plasma Physics by Laser & Application (18th - 23rd July, 2016)
- Activity - III: Modren Trands in Power Reactor Safety (19th - 20th July, 2016)
- Activity - IV: 7th International Workshop on Development of Tokamak Technology in Pakistan (18th - 23rd July, 2016)
- Activity - V: Seismology (25th - 30th July, 2016)
- Activity - VI: Computational Biology & 3D Laser Printing (25th - 30th July, 2016)
Seminars or poster presentation will provide edge to candidates in selection.
The working language of the college is English.
College is traditionally held at scenic summer resort of Nathiagali near Islamabad.
Boarding and lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the organizers. However, modest funds will be available to cover the travel expenses, either in full or in part, of some participants from the developing countries.
Requests for participation, on the prescribed form (e-mail or photocopy) should reach the Executive Secretary by 30th April, 2016. In case of student, form should be signed by the Supervisor/HoD. The selected candidates will be informed by 15th June, 2016. For registration form, click here.
Regular sponsors of the College includes
- Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
- Abdus Salam - International Centre for Theoretical Physics (AS-ICTP)
- US National Science Foundation
- Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- National Centre for Physics