National Centre for Physics
The National Centre for Physics has been established to promote research in Physics and applied disciplines in the country and the region.
NCP will evolve into a centre of excellence in the field of Physics and related emerging disciplines on the lines of Abdus Salam – International Centre for Theoretical Physics (AS-ICTP), Trieste, Italy.
To break the isolation of Pakistani researchers from the international scientific community and to establish links between industry & research institutes for the development of society & intellectual growth.
The objectives of NCP are:
- To identify and undertake/pursue high-level research projects and expand existing expertise
- To act as national and international user facility
- To strengthen the local industry through collaborative R&D
- To act as an entity for acquisition, generation, transmission and dissemination of knowledge
- To raise the standard of research at par with international norms of productivity and originality
- To create an international forum for the exchange of scientific information through comprehensive courses, workshops, conferences, seminars and visitors program in Physics and allied disciplines